Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did it become acceptable to say "Bungles"
(03-18-2020, 04:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: More often I hear people call the Bengals the Bung-holes.  Myron Cope just used the more radio friendly version, I think.

Bung Holes would be worse than Bungles.  

Berman on ESPN was the one who made Bungles popular in 1990's.  That's all he ever called them, and on weekly game footage of them losing every week, he would make make 3 Stooges noises as Bengals find new ways to lose games.  So the main one was indeed Berman known as Boomer on ESPN.   He pretty much set a standard of insults that many on ESPN have copied.  

Now in the 1990's, I heard the word Bengy's.  Also The Bings.  In losing years I have heard The Reds called The Deads.

I would add that the Bengals just had the worst 2 years in Franchise History.  Therefore they are not even as good as the 1990's and early 2000's Bungles.  Lately the Bengals have not even been good enough to be Bungles.  

In the end, Respect Is Earned.  Win some games. 

Now I have said that I have followed this team from 1968 on.  Therefore I did watch every game of the 1991 through 2002 Bungles and I will never go through 12 years like that again as a fan.  That if ownership cares so little about winning, then I will care so little about watching.  The last 2 seasons I saw the early season games, but not the mess from November on.

Also, this world plaque corona virus shows me how petty people are on Political Correctness.  Every day this generation of candy assortments comes up with more words they say are hurtful.  As if we have nothing else to worry about.  Myself, I call the whole Gay thing the L.P.G.A...Now I know that is the Ladies Pro Golf Association,  but I don't care if I get all the alphabet letters of the other thing right, so I don't even try.  We have a President who calls people Little Marco, Lying Ted, Sleepy Joe, calls people Fat although he himself is Fat.  He has taken insults far and above any President before him.  The ESPN Berman of Presidents. Yet many of you Love him, but expect Political Correctness from everybody else, It Makes No Sense. 

I knew this nation was getting soft when kids could call the cops on their parents because they threaten to spank them.  Back in my day in the 50's and 60's, had I called the cops on that, they would have laughed and offered to come over and help my parents spank me, and they would have been right.  Look, you don't like people saying Bungles.  You don't like it, Wah, Wah, Wah.....It's very simple.  The Bengals need to win some games.  They are coming off their 2 worst seasons ever.  RESPECT IS EARNED.  They need to WIN some games.  

We can get back to that since Paul Brown died and son Mike inherited it,  No Play-Off Wins, and worse, Most 0-4 starts than any NFL team.  The Bengals hold these infamous records.  It is fair to say that Ownership needs to finally show a Commitment To Winning.   Until they do, they will be called many names.  

Bungles is indeed better than Bung Holes, that would be going to far.   Respect Is Earned.  WIN SOME GAMES. 

That said, Bring in Joe Heisman and WIN SOME GAMES. GO BENGALS. It's a TEAM game, the rebuild will take more than one player, but Rebuild, Win Some Games, GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When did it become acceptable to say "Bungles" - kevin - 03-19-2020, 01:52 AM