Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career panic
Glad that the situation worked out for you. It's not everyday that a person gets excused for a professional oversight like that.

I had a close call on my job, a couple of years ago. I surveyed a piece of ground that was part of an old family farm that was purchased for commercial development. There was an abandon block building that was encroaching the property line by several feet (like half of the building). I had fully intended to locate the building the first time I was out there. However something more pressing came up, and I got called to fix a situation for a construction site superintendent. Eventually, I completed the field work, and drew it up back at the office. We had a lot going on at the time, so my manager, who's PLS I operate under never noticed my oversight, and he went ahead and sent the preliminary plat to the client's attorneys.

Thankfully, we have a great relationship with this client and their legal team. One of their guys who does site prospecting for them had noticed the building, in a recon visit to the site, prior to ordering the Survey. They were able to list it in the comments, prior to submitting for recording. Had that plat been recorded without showing the encroachment, my manager could have been held liable for cost of demolition of that structure, and I would have been looking for a job..

Ever since, I now take pictures of every site that I work on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Career panic - fredtoast - 03-19-2020, 02:07 PM
RE: Career panic - Stewy - 03-19-2020, 04:17 PM
RE: Career panic - SunsetBengal - 03-19-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: Career panic - fredtoast - 03-19-2020, 04:59 PM
RE: Career panic - SunsetBengal - 03-19-2020, 05:08 PM
RE: Career panic - BrownAssClown - 03-21-2020, 01:59 PM