Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post SECOND Wave of FA Draft - CJD
(03-26-2020, 04:21 PM)BleedOnB Wrote: Well done on this mock. There are a couple guys here or there I might draft differently if it were up to me, but I think overall I would be very happy and so would many others with this draft. 
I love Baun at 2 (although Queen is my dream pick at 2). I actually love Peoples-Jones at 3 and think there is a good chance he will be there. I watched more Michigan games than most on here probably, and he is big, fast, and can run routes and catch. 
Then you have ol Badass at 4 which I wanted also as a day 3 guy and then re-upping on another LSU lb in rd 6.

Not only is this a good mock draft, I think all options are viable in the rounds you selected where others mocks are more pipe dreams than close to any reality.

Thank you! I do my best to make realistic mock drafts. Every once in a while you see an outlier drop in these mock draft simulations. When those situations occur, I either intentionally skip that player or I just outright restart the simulation, as that player dropping could have a domino effect in later rounds (if Andrew Thomas is there at 33, then I take him instead of Niang. Now an OT needy team in the middle of the round can take Niang, which means another player drops etc etc).

I've had mock drafts where Queen or Murray drop to the 2nd. And maybe that is a possibility. But every time I go to the NFL draft subreddit, there are Ravens fans, saints fans, packers fans and a few others who always criticize those drafts as unrealistic, which tells me there are several teams in the latter part of the draft that could very easily take Murray or Queen, making me doubt the realism of them being there at 33.

But maybe we'll be surprised! Big Grin

I also have watched a few Michigan games cuz my dad went to school there. He really likes Peoples-Jones. He said he'd be thrilled if the Bengals got him. Said he bailed out the QBs a ton while he played there. Watching his tape, you can see a few nice catches that a better QB would have hit him in stride. So I like his skill set a lot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post SECOND Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-26-2020, 10:02 AM
RE: Post SECOND Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-26-2020, 05:47 PM