Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami Trades for Burrow Draft (proposed)
I'm not sure any of those players individually or even together amount to what Burrow could be if he's anything close to what he's being hyped as. I also doubt Miami would ever give that much to get him. Giving up all of that draft capital would make it a lot more difficult to build around your young franchise quarterback. Also, if, god forbid, Burrow isn't what he's cracked up to be, the franchise is crippled for 5 years.

I'm taking the quarterback with the first overall and not thinking twice. That's what you do when you're in that position and you have a talent like that staring you in the face. If you pass on him and he's Joe Montana reborn, it just goes down as another unimaginably inept and sad chapter in Bengal lore. They can't afford to keep adding to that book.

Imagine watching Burrow go on to win meaningful games while we continue to toil and think of what could have been. He's not a lock, but it's a chance they have to take. It more acceptable to take him and watch him bust than it is to not take him and watch him be great. Almost nobody is saying they shouldn't take him, so it's not like there will be an overabundance of "I told you so" going around if he sucks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Miami Trades for Burrow Draft (proposed) - samhain - 03-30-2020, 12:27 AM