Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beatles - Live at the New Musical Express Awards show in 1964 and 1965
(04-04-2020, 01:02 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He's had a VERY tight band the last couple of decades so I'm almost guaranteeing that you saw a great show. The big Mexican dude on drums, Abe Laboriel, Jr, is amazing with an awesome voice so he adds to the backup vocals better than most drummers. A band is only as good as their drummer and he is keeping them at or near the top.

Yeah... The drummer does John Lennon's vocals on I've Got a Feeling too. That show was great. I saw him again last June. He's like 80 now so he's slipping on the vocals a bit, but not terrible. It was at Rupp Arena this time, and very uncomfortable. I'm too old for bleacher seats. Still one of those things I was excited to get to see a true legend. I was about to see Jackson Browne in June, but that's been postponed... He has a mild case of the virus right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Beatles - Live at the New Musical Express Awards show in 1964 and 1965 - jason - 04-04-2020, 03:04 PM