Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to find a way to draft Zach Baun and not Patrick Queen
The second round draft pick is clearly the largest point of contention for this draft considering that we are drafting Joe Burrow number one. While we still have needs on the oline, we are much more thin at the LB position even after our free agent acquisitions. Germaine Pratt shows promise as a WILL which has been coveted in the first recently (Devin Bush and Devin White and what will probably be Kenneth Murray), and Josh Bynes, from other fan accounts, is a decent Mike option in the short term. But we don't have a true SAM. Zach Baun is probably the best prospect at this position and from this film (Link) I am sold.

Patrick Queen's film, on the other hand, shows promise in pass coverage but does not make plays in the run that give me confidence he will translate to the NFL unless he is used situationally. This does not mean I don't think he will become a full time starter, but I am more confident in Zach Baun than Patrick Queen at this time.

Other prospects that are on the verge of the first that I would be equally happy to draft: Josh Jones, Lucas Niang, and AJ Epenesa.

Prospects that I would be happy with but we don't have as much need: Justin Jefferson, possibly Denzel Mims

Possible Trades: Carlos Dunlap considering we are transitioning to a 3-4 which is why I have AJ Epenesa above.

Players I have seen mocked but I don't want: Cesar Ruiz unless you think Trey Hopkins can move to guard, Austin Jackson - Ogbuehi 2.0, Grant Delpit unless he returns to 2018 form but good safeties seem to be traded/cut which tells me that good safeties are not highly value around the league so why spend a second rounder on one when we still have Bates. A strong safety could still be an option but I don't see any decent options at the pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We need to find a way to draft Zach Baun and not Patrick Queen - DYT_Bengal - 04-04-2020, 08:15 PM