Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to find a way to draft Zach Baun and not Patrick Queen
(04-06-2020, 02:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: The thing is, in a 3-4, you have 2 OLB's, who are really Edge defenders, in base.  The 2 ILB's are "stack" LB's like what we have traditionally had for years.  A point that keeps getting lost is that when a 3-4 goes into nickel, the 2 Edge OLB's stay on the field and it's one of the "stack" ILB's that comes out for the extra DB.  So you generally only play 1-2 "stack" LB's at a time instead of 2-3 and you only carry 4 on the roster instead of 6-7.  On top.of that, they are set up to play a lot of big nickel with a stack LB coming out for a 3rd S.  

Given lack of quality depth and contract situations, we need to get a stack LB at some point, however we are honestly thinner at Edge.  If it comes down to one or the other, the Edge should be the pick 

True! That's why I've got Baun as the #1 defensive pick at 33 on my big board. He's #3 overall, behind Josh Jones and Cesar Ruiz. But I AM seriously torn over it. I think Baun's a special player. I also think we need to be serious about improving the Oline for Mixon and Burrow. How many good RBs has this franchise wasted because of a sub-par Oline? It's sort of sickening when you think about it. Ced Benson deserves to be in a Bengals HOF, given what he did in spite of having Dlinemen and linebackers in the backfield almost before he took the handoff. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need to find a way to draft Zach Baun and not Patrick Queen - BURROWorBUST - 04-06-2020, 02:38 PM