Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading our 2021 First Round Pick.
How much do you think our 2021 1st pick is worth? We were the worst team in the NFL last year so you could argue that our future picks are the most valuable.

I'm thinking we might be able to trade it straight for a late first rounder or use it to make a big trade up. Some team might not have full confidence in their pick because of how this off-season has been and might want to just get value next year.

The idea behind this would be to embrace the WIN NOW approach and help Burrow get off to a good start. Our window might be most open while Burrow is on his rookie contract so it makes sense to do whatever we can to surround him with premier players immediately so he can develop chemistry as fast as possible; especially since our top players AJ and Geno are getting old too. It's also a good move for evaluating Zac Taylor as a coach to make sure he's been giving an opportunity to succeed. Oh, and establishing a winning culture NOW is vital for this team in general considering how bad last year was.

I also like the fact that a move like this would be betting on ourselves, if we have a good season it would be a good move but if we suck again than we would be trading a top-5 pick for what ever we get for it. I don't think we'll suck though, I like what we've been doing this off-season and I think Burrow is going to be a game-changer for us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trading our 2021 First Round Pick. - Weazzel80 - 04-06-2020, 05:29 PM