Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 11.0: How I think the Bengals do it
(04-08-2020, 01:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Normally I would agree with you, but does anyone really know what the Bengals are doing this year?  They've been so "anti-Bengal" with their activity in free agency.

I think the defense is undergoing much more of a change than we actually realize.  I don't think we are loaded at safety.  I see couple guys that fit as "big nickel" type LBs in Bell and Williams and one guy that covers fairly well in Bates.  I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see a guy like Winfield or Delpit at #33.

I also think we will be running more 3-4 type concepts.  I could see a bigger 5-T defensive end like Raekwon Davis or Epenesa at some point in the draft.

If the Bengals are going to play some three safety packages, they need more than what they have and especially guys that can cover.  Dugger does both of those things.  We are far from loaded at safety.  We have four incomplete players.  Bates is a solid center fielder that has tackling issues.  Wilson lacks the intincts for coverage and both Bell and Williams are better as nickel backers.  That is where Shawn played 500 snaps last year.  I think Dugger gives them a better long term upgrade over Williams with better flexibility and they don't have to rush him given Bell's arrival.  They also lost Feg.  Dugger is a beast.  He would help immediately on special teams and could push Williams out of a job.  

Epenesa makes a lot of sense if he is there at 33 as well.  I would be thrilled with him or Queen.  It didn't happen in this mock, but Tanner Muse is a guy that could be had in later rounds as an OLB.  He won't be a safety in the NFL.  I like his experience and his ability to always be near the ball.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHRacerX Mock 11.0: How I think the Bengals do it - SHRacerX - 04-08-2020, 03:49 PM