Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere'
(04-09-2020, 10:21 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Spazz, I like a lot of your thoughts. Although, with the possibilities of either or both Ross and AJ not being on the roster next year, I feel it's imperative that they take a WR to groom with Burrow right away. 
And even this year, are you comfortable with Ross or Tate at the X out wide? 
They'd prefer to have Boyd in the slot and AJ at the Z. 
I'd debate that if they were to take a Higgins/Shenault/Mims/Aiyuk/Claypool....even a Pittman,Van Jefferson, Antonio Gandy they all could very easily be competing for a spot outside with AJ this year. Their competition is Ross and Tate. So, their odds would be pretty good IMO....

Another point is that you don't just draft for this year but for the next few years. 
We'd all have to be thinking that the possibility of WJ III, AJ, Ross, Hart, and S Williams all won't be there next year. And, you have to bring in draft picks now to start competing and grooming for those spots. 

I'd love an Epenesa to put in that rotation of Dunlap, Hubbard and Lawson
I'd love a Winfield Jr or Delpit to get in the rotation with Bates/Bell/Williams
I'd love a Fulton/Jaylon Johnson to get in the mix with our DBs 

I feel the Bengals have many different routes they can take at #33 (or wherever they trade down to) lol 

I would not disagree but I just think 33 has to be a starter day 1.  OL or a top ILB would be the only positions that would have that chance. The draft should also be used to groom players for the future.  Safety, WR (deep class), LBer (if not at 33) are positions to draft and develop later in the draft.  I think that WR can be taken in 3-5 and be as productive this year or in the future, there are a ton of talented WRs in this draft. Epenesa I could get on board with as Edge would be another spot that could see a lot of playing time.  I like the safety options but after seeing Zac yesterday and the FAs that we picked up this is not a rebuild, they are trying to win now, safety and CB are not positions at 33 that will be an everyday game changer at this time. Trading down I see as a very good possibility.  Round 1 will be Thursday night and they will have all night and day to listen to phone calls for round 2.  If things fall right and something like a QB falls that pick could get multiple pick later in 2 and 3.  I am honestly excited to see what happens at 33 as we already know what is happening with pick 1.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere' - spazz70 - 04-10-2020, 10:53 AM