Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much?
(04-12-2020, 12:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I see Fromm as about what they have in Stidham, who has had the benefit of a year under Tom in that system. 

A number of folks have said that they don't see Winston or Newton as fits for NE, and I agree with them.  Team fit is everything to that team.  Although everyone will talk playoff record and numerous other issues with Dalton, I think he fits them very well.  He just has to be willing to renegotiate his deal and the Pats need to clear some cap space. 

Dalton and WJIII to the Pats for Gilmore would put the Pats about $7 million over the cap but if Dalton were willing to negotiate a new deal...

Who knows.  But it will sure be interesting to see what the Pats will be doing on draft day.  I would be shocked if they went with Stidham, Newton, or Winston.

I don't think they want to go with a Newton/Winston, but they might see it as their only viable option versus trading for Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-12-2020, 12:39 PM