Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much?
(04-15-2020, 12:06 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Dalton will be difficult to move *during* the draft because any deal will involve contract negotiations, etc. I think a more likely scenario is that we trade him *after* the draft for a 2021 conditional pick(s) based on performance, or for a player or some combination thereof.

Actually I think it's more likely we cut him, but there is still a chance for a trade.

The last thing I remember Dalton saying was, "We'll see you draft weekend", or something along those lines. I think there's a good chance he get's moved during the draft as teams find out how players are falling. They can always work out contracts after the draft. 

I honestly think draft weekend is our best chance to move him and get a return. After the draft we'd be looking at trading for players or future picks. At that point we might have to cut him or hang on to him until the trade deadline. If "all options are on the table", hanging on to him until the trade deadline is an option. Maybe we re-work his deal after the draft and keep him on the trade block up until the deadline. Again, "all options are on the table". 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much? - Bengalstripes9 - 04-15-2020, 10:09 AM