Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much?
(04-15-2020, 11:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The thing is we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Bengals may already have deal in place pending on how draft shakes out for a team. I think Jags are also in play so if they miss out on their guy, they may be the team in play.

Like others have said, I see no way the Pats go into 2020 with Stidham or Hoyer as their QB. Yes Cam and Winston come into play, but no team has jumped in to sign them now. Why not, if they are your 1st choice?

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out, either way fun to be getting close to draft and hopefully a full NFL season.

All very good points. There are many variables we don't know, like whether Andy is willing to renegotiate at all knowing that if he doesn't he goes to unrestricted FA eventually. We might have already talked to Jax about several of their players, and they need to trade Ngakoue before they do anything. These trades also involve offset language regarding salaries which is something I don't understand at all. 

But the thing about NE is that they're in a really bad cap situation. Even if they trade Thuney and release Hightower, they still likely wouldn't have enough room to add Dalton unless we either pick up a big part of the tab (and how much are we willing to pay for a mid round pick?) or he agrees to renegotiate. I also think Bellichek knows they're going to get worse before they get better, so there's not much of a point in giving up assets for Dalton. Or maybe they draft somebody or trade for Brissett. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much? - Geno_Can_Dunk - 04-15-2020, 12:29 PM