Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More BULLSH*T from Fox Sports on Burrow
Here's the full quotes in context:

--- Now his sights are set on the NFL as next week's draft rapidly approaches with the Cincinnati Bengals on the clock. It has been reported that the Bengals have "maxed out" their allotted three, one hour calls with Burrow every week, leaving little doubt in people's minds where Burrow will end up.

--- Burrow said that regardless of the situation he goes to, he knows he'll have to work extremely hard to build a winning culture within the organization. The pre draft process has been nothing like Burrow expected because of the COVID-19 outbreak, but he's making the best of the circumstances as he's home with his parents currently in Athens, Ohio.

"It's been super weird because you have zoom meetings and then it's like high school again, I'm stuck at home with my parents and the only time I get out of the house is to workout," Burrow said. "Let's just say it's not been how I envisioned my pre draft process going. 

"Whatever team I go to is going to be a challenge at the beginning and I'm going to have to persevere through it. Without OTA's this year, you're going to have less time with your team so there's going to be ups and downs but you've gotta battle through it."

--- Burrow noted how the draft process used by the NFL and other sports leagues differs from those in other professions.

"Engineers don't get drafted to certain companies," Burrow said. "That's kind of peculiar in the capitalistic ways of the United States. But that's how it is. And the teams that have the worst year pick at that the top and that's why they're there."

--- The projected top pick said complications caused by the global pandemic creates more uncertainty in joining a team such as the Bengals.

"You might have a really good first year," Burrow said. "You might have a really bad first year. You don't really know, especially without OTAs this year. You're going to have less time with your team. So there's going to be ups and downs, for sure. You're just going to have to battle through it."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread