Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More BULLSH*T from Fox Sports on Burrow
Couple things about the Tank for Trevor idea.

1. We'd need to be picking #1 or #2 next year to even have a shot. We've made strong additions in free agency. We are getting Jonah Williams and AJ Green back. To be picking top 2 again, we would need another year of catastrophic injuries at key positions and poor QB play. Certainly possible, but hardly something you can plan.

2. I don't think Zac Taylor signed up to intentionally tank a season. And even if the organization gave him another grace year, what's the plan? Dump Dalton and roll with Ryan Finley for a whole year? They make that announcement and I'm not even gonna bother tuning into games this year. And that's to say nothing about actual game attendance.

3. Here's the reality. We don't know what the next few months are going to look like with the COVID situation. Suppose things are still locked down well into June/July. What if there isn't a college football season? We are in uncharted territory here. If we assume a worst case and CFB is postponed for an entire season, I don't know if players will be given an extra year of eligibility, or if they'll be allowed to forgo the lost year and declare earlier. Either way, you're left with 1) Lawrence not coming out next year, or 2) him declaring as a sophomore after having not played for an entire year. But even if we assume a best case scenario, the COVID situation gets under control, and college football proceeds as normal in the fall, there is still no guarantee that Lawrence declares next year regardless.

The plan doesn't work for a variety of reasons. Given the level of uncertainty right now, I would argue it's that much more critical to grab your guy THIS YEAR.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More BULLSH*T from Fox Sports on Burrow - Big Boss - 04-14-2020, 07:28 PM