Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If they play games in empty stadiums...
I think the league and just about every league, baseball, etc., is going to be forced to cut ticket prices and salaries to the bone just to survive. Think about it a moment..If most everyone is living in near depression or in a full blown economic depression it's gonna be mighty tough to justify multi-million dollar salaries to players when nearly every stadium sits empty simply because nobody can afford to go. 
After all..imagine getting excited about a team signing anyone to a 20 million dollar contract while your own family is on the brink of starvation.. Even Magic Joe couldn't throw enough TDs to make the rest of us feel good about making tens of millions of dollars to throw a football. I think the whole structure is eventually get redrawn if we're deep in depression and seats are empty.. I really don't expect any kind of quick economic rebound any time soon.  Even tv revenue is gonna be on the chopping block when advertisers can't afford to pay out big bucks every Sunday.. Talk about trickle down economics?  That's trickle down in reverse.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If they play games in empty stadiums... - grampahol - 04-17-2020, 08:48 AM