Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BURROW souped up version of Dalton
You know, there's a small part of me that's not totally sold on Burrow, if only because a 23 year old grad student basically taking no real classes surrounded by the kind of talent he had SHOULD put up big numbers.

But on the other hand, there is a reason to make a Tom Brady comparison. Brady wasn't that big of a deal at Michigan, and I don't think anybody would've said he had a cannon arm. Brady weighing in at his combine looked like he'd never lifted a weight a day in his life. But Brady took the weight training seriously, and now he's pretty ripped. You CAN actually build arm strength - in fact Dalton even did it. Burrow lost out to Haskins probably because he didn't have the arm strength (whereas Haskins has it in spades), but to his credit, he built it. And he's still building it. He's stated he's a big fan of Brady's training and diet regimen, so if Brady can turn himself into the player he has, I'm not so worried about Burrow. Not that I'm saying Burrow will be the GOAT, just that he's cut from a similar cloth as Brady.

And I will say that some people are acting like he was terrible as a junior. He still had a 3:1 TD:Int ratio, which isn't terrible. Watched a little of his junior tape and sure he wasn't the player you see now, but he was solid.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BURROW souped up version of Dalton - Geno_Can_Dunk - 04-17-2020, 12:13 AM