Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time'
(04-21-2020, 01:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think there were several in that program (including players) that thought Burrow was going to be the next big QB in college football.  He performed damn good in the spring games and just had the "it" factor.  The injuries that year cost him the starting job and more than likely Ohio State a national championship last year.

That being said, I went back and watched a bunch of his games last year and there were common themes:

1.  Great throw, dropped by WR.
2.  Great decisions - i counted at least 4 plays where he switched out a the LOS and the team scored on that play.
3.  Under center a fair amount, pass protection was a huge issue
4.  The guy never quits and 

The other thing that people always gloss over like it's no big deal - he didn't get an offseason with his teammates.  That's a huge issue and probably the main reason why he started to play better at the end of the year.  He led the team to a 10-3 record with only the ugly 29-0 loss to Alabama as the wart.  74-72 to A&M and 27-19 to Florida.

Great stuff Hammerstripes, of the things I didn't do was go back and watch Burrow play his Junior year.

Thanks for the confirmation, think we have a very special QB coming in. Cool
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time' - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-22-2020, 06:18 PM