Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TJ on John Ross: 'They took his confidence'
(04-18-2020, 12:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is TJ working with him? Because if so, then I'll take this opinion with a huge grain of salt.  

I really don't buy it either way. It's not the organization's, or any coach's job or resonsibility to create or foster confidence within a single player.  

In fact I would say the opposite is true. It's the player's job to create or inspire confidence, both from teammates and the staff.  Confidence within should already be there.  And from the outside it's earned.

My opinion on Ross is pretty simple. The guy is phenominal athlete, but he's not a true football player. He's a track star in pads. That's not to say he's doomed to irrelevance. It just means there's certain limitations that are self-created.

Ths guy is soft. Plays like a *****.  Early in the year he caught a short pass where he had some space.There were a couple guys in front of him and he just purposely fell down. Didn't want to get hit. Chad maybe could get away with that after long gains and back-to-back-to-back AFC yards leaders. A guy that's been a career bust not even trying to juke or break a tackle  on a short screen can't.

I could see putting up some numbers even with everything just said. But it's all on him.  He ran out of excuses 3 years ago.  This is just another.

Think of it like a regular job where the coach is the manager and the player is the employee.
If you're the manager and an employee seems to lack confidence and therefore is unproductive, it's also your responsibility to try to get that employee (back) on track to make them more productive. Some things you cannot control and eventually have to cut your losses if improvement cannot be made, but to simply say it's not management's responsibility to also try to encourage/motivate is just flat out wrong.
Don't be a coach/manager if you're not willing to try to help a player/employee improve.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TJ on John Ross: 'They took his confidence' - ochocincos - 04-18-2020, 12:57 PM