Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OVER/UNDER on Draft Day Trades by Bengals
(04-24-2020, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For one, I believe it sets an odd precedent if a guy is drafted, behaves and performs well (very well), and is traded away before the next contract.  Sure, it happens.  Oakland did it with Mack and Cooper.  But I personally don't like it, even for a RB.  When you state 40-50 million, remember that is broken down over 5-6 years, so saying the total amount to make it seem like a larger investment doesn't make a lot of sense.  The cap changes every year, and teams have other contract come due and other ones they will get out from under (Dalton).  

To be clear, I would not pay Mixon CMC money...they are different players asked to do different things.  I would start around $7.5 million per year and would not go over $9.  If he would not accept that, I would let him test the market.  

Mixon is a proven commodity as well.  You know he has matured and has NFL talent.  There are no guarantees that a CEH will be a Pro Bowl talent in the NFL. 

Lastly, someone has to be willing to make that trade...and I don't think any team would offer a high second rounder for Mixon.  

I figured you'd get what I meant by the investment of 40-50 Million over 4-5 years when you re-sign a player right? I'll be more specific next time. :)
Either way, If I'm the Bengals FO, regardless of how Ra Ra my RB is, it's now a new regime with a new Franchise QB who may have been better off with his best friend and RB from the National Championship team. And, it looks like the SB champs and Andy Reid thought that CEH was a really good bet. And it really pissed me off to see it. I would've liked for them to at least had that option available to them.

More and more teams are trying to get a player traded before their last years so they don't have to pay Top 5 salaries for positions that aren't as important to their success. RB unfortunately is one of those positions. Did you ever hear of the RB for the 49ers that made it to the SB last year? That's my whole point. These teams can always find a nice RB. And, it would've been nice if he were the franchise QB's best friend to boot. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OVER/UNDER on Draft Day Trades by Bengals - JerseyDD09 - 04-24-2020, 02:18 PM