Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow Impacts Every Room
(04-25-2020, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn, wish we hadn't wasted all of that free agent money on signing defensive players when all we needed was for Joe Burrow to be on the team to fix the defense.  And he is also going to be the reason A J Green is healed.

I love the Burrow pick but talk like this is ridiculous.  Did you happen to notice that 5 LSU players were taken in the first round and a total of TEN over the first three rounds?  Burrow is a great QB but a lot of the success at LSU was based on the talent around him.

If Burrow could walk on water then he would have been the starter at Ohio State.

Not saying that at all, this team has many places to improve. Unfortunately, you can't re-work an entire roster in one year, majority of our roster will remain the same as is the nature of the NFL. The hope is that a franchise QB can motivate guys to try just that much harder. Sure, some guys are motivated all on their own, but there are still players that need that extra push. I don't think that is too farfetched.

As for the AJ Green portion. I said "AJ Green might not realize it now, but as camp plays out and he becomes familiar with Joe, he will be rejuvenated. Barring health concerns, I see these guys gelling quickly." ... He still has to get past the injury bug, and hopefully he has.... However, have you never been upset when a coworker was replaced only to find the new guy is actually really good, even better than the last? I've had that happen, it's rejuvenating... the same may happen to AJ.

There is no arguing LSU wasn't a stacked program, however, there wasn't much turnover between Burrow's JR and SR season. Why didn't they perform as well in 2018 if they were blooming with talent? Their QB got acclimated to his lockerroom, and the benefits ensued.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow Impacts Every Room - GreenCornBengal - 04-25-2020, 11:39 AM
RE: Joe Burrow Impacts Every Room - Synric - 04-25-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: Joe Burrow Impacts Every Room - 'E' - 04-25-2020, 08:07 PM
RE: Joe Burrow Impacts Every Room - sloSTI - 04-25-2020, 06:15 PM