Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comparing AJ Green and Tee Higgins as prospects
Great OP (and thread). I've thought all along that Higgins is probably the 3rd or 4th receiver in this class, behind Jeudy, Lamb, and maybe Ruggs (whose lack of elite production and similarities to Ross are question marks in my mind).

Agree that Tee has a lot of similarities to AJ, and that the biggest difference between the two is that AJ was more polished coming out of college (better route runner, toe taps, high-pointing, tracking deep balls, etc.) Comparing Tee to Tate is selling Tee a little short, though. Tee has much better receiving skills.

For Tee, the comp that comes to my mind is Mike Williams. Williams has similar measurables and had a similar skill set coming out of Clemson. Drafted by the Chargers, he got off to a slow start in that high-powered offense with his limited route tree. First season was a total dud, 11 catches for 95 yards. But his route running and production improved each season. 700 yards, 11 TDs in season 2, then hit 1000 yards in season 3. Now in year 4, hes poised to become their No 1 as Keenan Allen starts to decline. I see a similar progression for Tee. I don't expect him to be ROY in year 1, or put up anywhere near the stats that AJ put up. But if he continues to develop and learns the NFL game and our offense, he absolutely has the tools to become a great receiver in this league.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing AJ Green and Tee Higgins as prospects - shanebo - 04-28-2020, 10:01 AM