Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2020 Success is Now Up to the Coaches
(04-28-2020, 11:24 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: In regards to the O-line, I was watching some analysis on successful O-lines over the years and the analyst made the claim that you really only need a premier LT for the blindside and a stud C. If you have those two things, you're essentially set. In their opinion, Gs and RTs can be constantly changed and tweaked without too huge of an impact on the O performance.

We MAY have our answer at LT, we can hope. If Jonah is as advertised, that should help immensely this year. I think we forget we were swinging out guys who hadn't even played Tackle before to be our LT!!! Unspeakable!

In regards to C, Hopkins is decent, but I would love if we could nab a true pro-bowl caliber C for Joe in next years draft. Jeff Saturday was a huge reason Peyton Manning had success early in his career. A good Center can be a QBs best friend. Too bad Billy Price has been a major bust.

If these guys were onto something and this is relatively true, we may not be as far away from an average to above average line than we think we are.

Would that imply average G play? I can't imagine that if you have Billy Price at guard will "not be a big deal" if you have a stud LT and C. But I agree with you last sentence, we can get to decent line play fairly quickly. I think it'll be better this year, but I worry more about Jonahs health and play in that regards as the indicator
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Success is Now Up to the Coaches - Hoofhearted - 04-28-2020, 11:30 AM