Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some possible cuts... Larry Warford
(05-16-2020, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, as a guy who's played his share of OL in his lifetime, let me tell you something.  Every OL coach loves all of "his guys", until he doesn't..   LOL

And that "until he doesn't" can come at any moment, but usually when the team gives him someone who can do the job better.  Mellow

So what I'm really trying to say here is that if a Larry Warford were brought onto the team, one of it's loved ones would most likely end up getting disowned..

Fair point. I was trying (and failing) to be funny.

I mean, what is he going to say? "Our line sucks!" A coach is never going to say that, pre-season.

I guess what I found noteworthy was that he chose this particular time (post draft, Warford cut, Peters a FA) to start yabbering to anyone with a microphone or a blog about how much he loves the O line guys we have.

He loves the guys who got PFF grades of: 43.7, 62.4, 60.1, 57.7; 62.6, 50.6, and 41.8. Warford is +10 to our best guy, Peters +20.

Our highest rated guy started one game (vs a poor defense). Our biggest potential addition was hurt all last year and has not played one NFL snap. 

It could come up all roses. We got better as the year went on. Collectively and individually. One guy went to an OL guru. We added XSF and a 6th round guy. 

I'd still prefer to have a proven guy, somewhere. In case things do not come up roses. Joe is too important.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some possible cuts... Larry Warford - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 05-16-2020, 10:03 PM