Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Sports Ohio airing all 4 1990 WS games
(05-02-2020, 11:21 PM)McC Wrote: That team that year was the most fun team to witness ever for me.  A different guy stepped up every day.  It was incredible.  They had to take out the Pirates just to get there and the Pirates were as good as the A's.

The Reds lost game one to the Pirates in that series. I remember thinking as they made the last out "After an entire 'Wire To Wire' season of being in first place, the Reds are now trailing . . . I wonder how they're going to handle that?".

The magic of that team was when Eric Davis was injured early and, while nobody played out of their mind stats-wise, EVERYBODY upped their game just a little bit and it covered for the loss of their superstar. If someone was a career .255 hitter, he'd hit something like .265-.270 during that stretch. If guy was a career .285 hitter he'd hit .300. The amount of players that gave themselves up to advance a runner on that team compared to teams nowadays is so staggeringly different. *sigh* We're getting old.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fox Sports Ohio airing all 4 1990 WS games - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 05-03-2020, 12:06 AM