Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton and the 2011 QB Draft Class
(05-02-2020, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You could probably win a bar bet asking who had more TD passes, Dalton or Cam?

Looking at this list, it makes me realize how much the rookie wage scale has changed the league (for the better).  Before the wage scale, if you whiffed on a first round pick, usually a high first round QB, it was a death sentence.  The guaranteed money was insane for guys that had never played a snap.  When I see Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder so high, I can't help but think of how that would have KILLED those teams for 5 years in the past.  We should know...the Bengals whiffed and paid Ki-Jana Carter, David Klinger, and Akili Smith.  Those three pretty much wiped out the 90s for the Bengals.  

Great point. CP made more money from the Bengals than Dalton even though the cap was much higher when Dalton played. Dalton entered year 1 of the new rookie pool.

It also is why teams can turn things around so quickly IF they hit on the draft. We just exchanged 11 million in cap space going to Burrow from Dalton which allows us to spend elsewhere. If Burrow is the hot we believe he will be, we have him at a bargain price also for his 1st 4 years in the NFL and option to add a 5th year,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the 2011 QB Draft Class - Luvnit2 - 05-02-2020, 10:32 AM