Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton and the 2011 QB Draft Class
(05-02-2020, 09:10 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Regardless, Dalton was the right pick in that draft.  Cam went 1st overall, Dalton in the 2nd.

Based on the expectations and where they were chosen Dalton was obviously the better value.  

Not saying he was a better overall QB because you have to take into account Cam's rushing yards, but he was definitely a better value.  And my guess is Dalton will be able to extend his career much better than Cam moving forward.  Father time is catching up with both and I'm sure that hurts Cam's game more than Dalton's because he relies so heavily on his legs.  Time will tell.

I mean we didn't have the first overall pick in the draft, and we ended up with the second best Quarterback in the draft so that's a win in my opinion. Kaepernick would probably be in the top 2 discussion possibly if he had kept playing, but he's probably making a lot of money not getting hit every Sunday so I guess that's good for him.

Probably put Andy at the top spot for performance plus professionalism. Cam did pretty good up until that Super Bowl season and then his character went out the window like that laptop at Florida.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton and the 2011 QB Draft Class - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 05-02-2020, 02:33 PM