Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What say you who give up on rookies and call them a bust?
(05-04-2020, 05:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So when is someone allowed to have an opinion on a player? Do fans and the team need to wait until after the 4th or 5th year?  When did you know Ogbuehi was a very bad pick? When he was a Jacksonville Jaguar?

I would say you can form an opinion of a player after one season, but that opinion shouldn't be immune to change. Devante Parker is a great example of this. His performance was disappointing for his draft position and then he busts out last season for over 1200 yards and nine TDs. 

Jordan wasn't good last season, but he was a young guy and a rookie. I wouldn't expect him to light it up. Ross hasn't been good up until this point, either. He has shown flashes, though. I am not going to argue with someone if they call him a bust, just like I wouldn't have argued with someone over Devante Parker, but Ross can still turn it around.

Billy Price is solidly in the bust category at the point. He can pull himself out of it, of course, but his career has been pitiful and he has shown little to no reason to believe he is improving. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What say you who give up on rookies and call them a bust? - KillerGoose - 05-04-2020, 05:30 PM