Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former MLB Groundskeeper claims Pete Rose corked bats.
Just when I was beginning to think that a day might come to see Pete reinstated and elected to the HoF, something ugly, like this has to surface..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/former-montreal-expos-groundskeeper-joe-jammer-says-pete-rose-had-bats-corked/ar-BB13zCVO?ocid=spartandhp

Quote:Rose played most of the 1984 season for Montreal before he was traded to the Reds for Tom Lawless on Aug. 16.

An excerpt of what Danny Gallagher wrote for montrealgazette.com:
“Pete Rose would have his bats corked in the visitors’ clubhouse at Olympic Stadium,” Jammer said in a phone interview from London, England, where he is now a club-playing musician. “I found out he was corking bats.
“Pete was too smart to deal with Expos equipment manager John Silverman (to cork his bats in the Expos’ clubhouse). So Bryan Greenberg, who worked in the visitors’ clubhouse, did it,” Jammer said. “He took me into a room, a door to the left, and underneath tarps there was this machine.”
Jammer recalled that he asked Greenberg: “What’s that machine for?”
Jammer said Greenberg replied: “That’s a machine for corking Pete Rose’s bats.”
When Jammer told Greenberg he wanted to take a bat with him, Greenberg wouldn’t allow him to.
“The guy (Greenberg) was saying Rose had been corking his bat for 20 years,” Jammer said. “The guy said that nobody checks him because he’s a singles hitter.”
When the Gazzette on Thursday reached Greenberg by phone for a response, Greenberg said, “I really can’t answer those questions. I really can’t talk about it.”
Ryan Fiterman, one of Rose’s representatives, would not respond to the corking allegations when reached Thursday: “We are not doing any interviews at this time.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Former MLB Groundskeeper claims Pete Rose corked bats. - SunsetBengal - 05-04-2020, 03:43 PM