Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former MLB Groundskeeper claims Pete Rose corked bats.
(05-11-2020, 04:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: After I wrote what I did, Robinson IMMEDIATELY popped into my mind and I thought about editing my post, but didn't lol.

Don't get me wrong; he wasn't a slouch and did win a batting title or two (or three? Think it was 3), but aside from OF and (surprisingly, for his skillset) 2B, he was nothing more than average at any position; versatility, absolutely.

In terms of popularity, there are few players that could garner as much as him (at least, during the playing days), but I just always compare him to the man he surpassed in hits, as their hitting numbers are more in-line with each other, than say Barry Bonds or even Rickey Henderson.

Cobb just absolutely blows him out of the water and was much more prolific in every category (save homers), even in the deadball era.

Here’s a few stats for Pete 200 hits 10x’s, All Star 17x’s, Rookie of the year, 3 batting titles, 44 game hitting streak, 20+ game hitting streak 7x’s, WS mvp, league mvp top 10 10x’s, top 5 5x’s, mvp in 73. On base just shy of 6000 times. Highest modern day fielding percentage in RF and highest modern day fielding percentage in the NL at LF. He was way better than average.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former MLB Groundskeeper claims Pete Rose corked bats. - Circleville Guy - 05-12-2020, 08:44 AM