Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The amount of change to our starting line up
(05-07-2020, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This just makes me feel more and more that the coaches, namely Taylor but all of them just were not prepared thouroughly
last year. They had to see what they had and then get rid of the weaknesses. Takes some time to really look at an entire 
team and find out the exact weaknesses. While I wish they could of done more in retooling the O-line they cannot do it all
in one Offseason. Sure believe they figured out the weakness on Defense and addressed it big time.

Tackling and physicality were addressed at both NT and Linebacker.

I too loved the fact that they brought in 3 new LBers. That's how many I thought the team needed to bring in.

Reader was a surprise signing to me, but it could not have been done with the front office ponying up the money.

As far as evaluating the players, there's still a lot of question marks about this coaching staff. Take inserting Finley in as a starter when they had to know from practices that Finley has a very limited upside and will never push for a starting job.

Possibly they wanted to make sure they got the 1st pick in the draft without looking like they were trying to lose. Or possibly they have no clue how to win. We just can't tell at this point. But we should have a good idea after this season. If they can't at least best the 6 wins Marvin put up in his last season (where AJ missed half the games and Dalton missed 5), then I'll seriously question if any of these guys belong coaching in the NFL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The amount of change to our starting line up - BengalChris - 05-07-2020, 06:48 PM