Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What exactly was the problem with play calling?
(05-06-2020, 11:21 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not a UC fan, and for all I know neither are you. I didn't even know Zac Taylor was at UC for any period of time. Hell, I'd never heard of him til he was a candidate for the Bengals job. My question is this... Were assignment errors a big problem when his offense was sucking at UC too? If they were it may be a case of when you point the finger, three fingers point back at you... Not sure I nailed the saying, but whatever.

I’m a UC fan. And if what I remember is correct, Taylor was simply there for the sake of being there. Retired-in-place coach Tommy Tuberville was the main reason UC was so awful that year. I’m fairly certain Tuberville was the play caller.

Unfortunately for UC, Tuberville simply couldn’t care less about winning games (he even said after he was hired at UC he was “done winning championships”), he had a personal vendetta against starting QB Gunner Kiel and jerked the QB’s around at the expense of the rest of the offense... it was a complete nightmare.

Taylor’s critics and doubters love to point out how awful UC was while he coached there, but trust me... Taylor was not the problem there. Not by a long shot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread