Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals on (essentially) one-year deals
(05-07-2020, 02:55 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I really really hate the way salaries and the salary cap play out in the NFL. It makes it so hard for teams to keep all of their best players. You shouldn't have to give up a player just because you can't afford them. Something has to be done to stop the over-inflation of player salaries. I don't want to spend the time trying to "fix" the problem from here in my stupid basement, but I hope you all can relate to my frustration over how badly the current system sucks, especially for fans. What's a ticket cost these days?

I can't afford to have 10 Porsches, so I don't. I don't see why it should be different for a sports team.

And the problem with the Bengals is that they bought too many lemons over recent years and don't have enough Porsches because of that. It doesn't have anything to do with the salary cap. They had to eat nearly $10M in dead cap money this year in players cut from existing contracts.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals on (essentially) one-year deals - BengalChris - 05-10-2020, 04:07 PM