Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals record prediction for the 2020-2021 season
I'll go with 7-9, although it's really impossible to pick an exact number.

I think their floor, barring extremely bad luck, is 5 games. And I think their celing, barring extremely good luck, is 9 games.

So I'd probably rather use that window of 5-9 as what I think is a fair analysis. We'll just have to see how it plays out to see where they fall in that range. Of course, I could be totally wrong too.

Just some food for thought...

-In 2003 (Marvin's first year) we went from 2-14 to 8-8. (A 6 game increase.)

-In 2011 we went from 4-12 to 9-7. (A 5 game increase.)

-Just last year, 2019, The Cardinals, who also drafted a QB #1, went from 3-13 to 5-9-1. (A 2.5 game increase)

-Only 5 teams in the last 20 years, who finished in last place the year prior, finished the following year with a winning record.

-No team in the last 20 years who finshed last won a playoff game the following season.

All this said, it is the NFL afterall, anything can happen. Perhaps this team makes a huge jump like we've never seen here, and improves their win total by a huge margin. Maybe they even in a win a playoff game or two. It could happen.

But I think some may want to temper their expextations a bit. This year really should be about more about progress made, and vision and hope for the future, than an exact win total.

If this team can win 7+ games, and we can see a lot to build on then that's a realistic success. So please don't take my prediction as negative. I just think asking for anything beyond 8-8 is asking or expecting way too much.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals record prediction for the 2020-2021 season - Wes Mantooth - 05-08-2020, 12:01 PM