Poll: Who was a better Team
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which team was a better team 2005 or 2015
I voted 2005 and I am surprised the 2015 squad has received a lot more support.

The '05 squad had a good group of Pro Bowl Players:

QB - Palmer
RB - Rudi
WR - Chad
OL - Willie
CB - O'Neal

Chad, Willie, and O'Neal were also All-Pro players.

During weeks 12-15 they had an impressive winning streak that included beating the Ravens 42-29, Steelers 38-31, Browns 23-20, the Lions 41-17. They closed out the season with losses to the Bills and Chiefs. Despite those two losses, it felt like '05 team had momentum headed into the playoffs. They were up 10-0 in the 1st quarter, but then Palmer got von Oelhoffen'ed and that really sucked. The momentum was sucked out of the team.

I know many claim, "there is no way they are getting by the Colts" but I think that is an oversimplified statement. Of course we don't know since it didn't happen, but if Pittsburgh could beat them, then so could have the Bengals. The 2005 squad had that 'it' factor that made it seem anything was possible. Palmer to Chad was a TD waiting to happen at any given moment.

It was likely my second favorite Bengals team to watch; first of course being the '88 - '89 Bengals with guys like Boomer, Ickey, JB, and Eddie Brown (I was a big Brown fan).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which team was a better team 2005 or 2015 - TecmoBengals - 05-14-2020, 10:13 AM