Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson was the right linebacker to pick in the third but ADG really excites me
I am very excited to see both develop considering each went to non power-5 schools. Wilson needs more wiggle in the middle of the field but cleans up nicely on the sidelines which we did not have in Vigil and is supposedly good in coverage. ADG would have been a day 2, potential day 1 if he went to a better school. His tape is reminiscent of Khalil Mack against OSU - he had 14.5 tackles for loss and impacted in all parts of the game, but he is much smaller and has less power which is why he wasn't taken until the fourth - he's could be a bust but could also be a hidden gem. He also has a very underrated bend in the pass rush.

With ADG and Pratt, we will have two converted safeties at LB. I don't know too much about the 3-4, so I might be wrong in my projections. Wilson is somewhere between a MLB and OLB in a 4-3, kind've in the Devin Bush mold. I don't know where that position lines up in a 3-4 but most likely MLB. ADG gives the versatility of a player with the combined skillsets of Telvin Smith and Khalil Mack but not nearly good as those two (or maybe?) so probably weakside MLB/OLB (I'm pretty sure the second MLB in a 3-4 is traditionally more of a weakside 4-3 lb but that might be the OLB in a 3-4 too). Pratt was underrated last season, his Clemson tape is still very very underrated. Pratt plays very similar to Isaiah Simmons which might have some overlap with ADG.

My gut is Wilson and Bynes will be MLB with ADG and Pratt as OLB but Bynes might shift outside with Pratt inside. ADG gives some pass-rush that you traditionally seek in a 3-4 OLB. It remains to bee seen what role Lawson will play in the defense or if they place Hubbard/Dunlap at OLB instead of one of the players mentioned so that they have all four of Reader, Atkins, Dunlap, and Hubbard on the field at all times. The versatility will be nice, but I'm not quite sure if the scheme fits the personnel. We should be much better though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Logan Wilson was the right linebacker to pick in the third but ADG really excites me - DYT_Bengal - 05-14-2020, 12:08 AM