Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Super Homer time-killer thread
(05-17-2020, 01:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: After four years in to their careers:

Dak has 15,778 yards, 97 TDs, and 36 INTs
Andy had 14,758 yards, 99 TDs, and 66 INTs.

Aside from the dramatic difference in INTs, the other numbers are pretty similar.  Dak took over a team that was loaded for an injured Romo, Dalton took over a team that many expected to go 0-16.  Very different situations, very similar results.  

Oh, and Dalton took that team in a tough division to the playoffs all four years leading up to his best season in 2015, where he was an MVP consideration before the injury. 

It isn't as crazy as you make it sound.  I would love to see how Dak would fare in Cincy during those years.  Maybe I will get to see how Dalton would fare this year?   Who knows.  Either way, you can't say with 100 certainty that Dak is that much better because he has never had to play on a talent-depleted team.  

This is just like the “even Tom Brady couldn’t win here” nonsense people spouted for years. I always disagreed with that, too.

Also, I’m not going to just casually brush off Dalton having nearly twice as many INTS’s as Dak after 4 years. That’s a big deal. Hell, Andy had 20 one season. And it wasn’t on a “depleted team” either. That 2013 team was damn good. Look at the Brady’s, the Rodgers, the Wilson’s, and the Mahomes of the league, they don’t turn the ball over anywhere close to that. Throwing too many INT’s literally just cost a former 1st overall pick (Jameis Winston) a starting job. Otherwise those 30 TD’s and 5k yds would have looked pretty great. In fact they’d look a lot like Dak’s numbers...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Super Homer time-killer thread - Nately120 - 05-14-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: Super Homer time-killer thread - Nicomo Cosca - 05-17-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Super Homer time-killer thread - jason - 05-15-2020, 08:20 PM