Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minority Hiring Incentive
(05-17-2020, 09:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: There are 4 coaches that are minorities (Tomlin, Flores, Lynn and Rivera.), 2 OCs that are minorities (Bienemy and Leftwich) and a lone GM (Grier). DCs are a more representative group with 10. All this along with having one owner (Khan) hardly give me faith that it's a very fair process. To be fair, this isn't a 2020 issue. This is an issue that goes back to the very inception of professional football, and has been prevalent in society for much much longer. There are plenty of people that can remember when football was truly integrated in 1962 (I'm 100% positive that George Preston Marshal was just putting the Redskins in the best position to get wins and a championship). There are studies less than a decade old that shows how black players are not afforded equal opportunity/held to a different standard. It's a generational issue that will, to the detriment of all those who have lived and continue to live through it, take generations to rectify. 

But installing minorities at the top and hoping that trickles down into the other positions works about as well as other theories that use the words "trickle down". That's why I'd say focus on getting ex-players (70% of NFL players are minorities) that are interested in coaching/executive jobs into entry-level positions where their potential can (hopefully) flourish. Once you have more minority assistant coaches, then you will hopefully have more position coaches, and then coordinators, then head coaches etc. The NFL needs to build from the ground up rather than the top down. 

I think particularly if you look at ownership, you see this. How many teams have had the same family ownership since the 20's, 40's, or 60's? Very few teams have had more than 1 or 2 owners. Like you said, things trickle down, so you need to see more minority ownership.

You need to look at coaching at the college level too, since many get started there.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - Toy Cannon - 05-15-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - CKwi88 - 05-16-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - HarleyDog - 05-16-2020, 11:02 PM
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - CKwi88 - 05-17-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - BmorePat87 - 06-04-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - magikod - 06-12-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - fredtoast - 05-20-2020, 05:09 PM
RE: Minority Hiring Incentive - EatonFan - 06-16-2020, 02:07 AM