Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ?
I think AJ Green is our starting X, Ross is our starting Z and Boyd is our starting Slot to begin the season.

As far as Higgins goes, he has the vertical threat and size to play X and he has the toughness and catching ability to go over the middle in the slot or the Z, if you use the Z over the middle a lot in your concepts.

I am not sure how often he'll be played at the Z position because starting off the line of scrimmage means he will have to go further to get to his spot. It may not be by much, but every inch counts and I'm not certain he has the speed and acceleration required to be a Z. You could play him there if you treat him like a second X (where you throw him more 1 on 1 "get it" passes rather than precise route passes) especially since the Z often avoids the press, due to not being on the LOS. That could help Higgins early on, as he learns how to deal with the press. He may not have the elite acceleration to play Z, but he still has the size and catch radius so it'd probably be fine.

So I think Higgins will basically be the back up at each position, and will sub in throughout the formation.

Tate is a back up that could see some play due to injuries, but I don't think he beats out any of the top 4 for a spot when all are healthy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ? - CJD - 05-16-2020, 02:05 PM