Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow "unapologetically himself"
(05-19-2020, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know a lot of folks are getting tired of Burrow discussion and want to see it on the field....I get it.  But you touched on the one thing that I am most excited about in terms of his overall evaluation:  Leadership.  Now, I think Jon Kitna was a good leader, but was more limited as an athlete.  Burrow has the rare combination of elite talent and incredible leadership.  

I don't want to heap comparisons like Brady and Manning on the guy before he takes an NFL snap, but I am very excited to know that this guy will work harder than anyone to win games.  That is apparent.  I remember the video clip interviewing him after the Championship game about his injury that he sustained during the game, and how he waived off the training staff.   He wasn't even going to let them look at it.  He was too focused on the next drive.  When he was asked about the injury, it was almost like he seemed offended that the thought of him coming off the field was even discussed.  He said something like "It's the National Championship game!".  

The simple:  "I'm all about ball" is just awesome.  I remember hearing stories about when he was a third stringer at OSU and Meyer was sending him against the #1 defense and he was just getting drilled every time he stepped back.  One of the other coaches said he was amazed how Burrow just kept getting up and back in for the next play, and never complained at all.  He sure isn't the biggest guy, but he is tough as nails.  

I have been wanting a mobile QB for a long time.  To get one that has uncanny accuracy, leadership, vision, and toughness is unbelievable.  I have a strong feeling that the next decade and beyond is going to be loads of fun as Bengal fans.  

For sure !

Burrow isn't L. Jackson but he's for sure not C. Palmer either. Can't wait to see him on the field even in the preseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow "unapologetically himself" - bengalfan74 - 05-19-2020, 10:47 AM