Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix
(06-08-2020, 05:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And on Mike Williams' year he has the most receiving yards in his career? Philip Rivers threw 20 INT, 1 shy of his career high and nearly DOUBLE the amount he had thrown each of the previous two years.

And on Dez Bryant's year he had the most receiving yards in his career? Tony Romo led the league in INTs.

- - - - -
Separation is really not overrated because CBs generally can't intercept passes they're not near. They also can't immediately tackle a WR if they need to first catch up to them.

Imagine truly believing that the ability to beat your opponent is overrated in a sport. Lol

You got stats on how many were thrown when targeting these guys? I found Rivers only threw 1 INT to 10 TDs in 2018 with Williams getting similar separation. Dez Bryant always got the same separation,
, it was never his game, so you can throw out Romos worst season as an example and I can counter with Romos best season. You can beat your opponent with position, you don’t need separation when your a contested ball catcher. Kenny Golladay get 7 more inches of separation than Tate, that is less than a normal WR hand size. Hell AJ got 3 inches more of separation then Tate in 2018. When your talking that little difference it ALL comes down to good ball placement.

I got bad news for you if your caught on this idea you need big separation, he doesn’t. He’s similar to AJ and Tate, they are contested ball catchers who use position, leverage, and timing to win at the catch point.

As for your snarky attitude, that’s not needed but it’s why I come around here less. I will talk actual football with people all day but when you want to act like that then it’s not worth my time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's not sleep on Auden Tate in the WR mix - Au165 - 06-08-2020, 05:58 PM