Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My general expectations for draft picks
(06-04-2020, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have to disagree with you actually in regards to Tate being more key to the team than Ross.
Ross offers speed and agility that other WRs aside from AJ Green don't have.
Tate just has size and hands, but Green, Boyd, and Higgins have hands and good size too.

Tate is fine as a WR4 or 5 to fill in for injuries or give a guy some rest, but he doesn't get enough separation to be a full time starter or slot WR.
Tate is a move-the-chains kind of guy, which is already covered by at least one other WR on the roster.
I mean Ross had about as many yards and actually had more TDs than Tate did last year, and he had 244 less offensive snaps.

Ross is more frustrating than Tate due to injury and occasional drops, but there's no doubt that Ross has a (much) higher ceiling than Tate.
To me, Tate is not going to be more than a 500-700 yard guy.

first.. speed in it self is so overrated.. they talk about 40 time of Ross but that means very little in the game of football.. getting off the line... make the quick cut is way more important.. why is it that Boyd has done so well over Ross in the slot because he does those two things.. AJ and Higgins with their height and speed can stretch the field.. what we miss is that big body in the slot that has solid hands and can battle the LBs (ross is either fall down and get knocked down) and fit the sweet zone... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My general expectations for draft picks - Essex Johnson - 06-04-2020, 09:11 PM