Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My general expectations for draft picks
(06-04-2020, 09:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: first.. speed in it self is so overrated.. they talk about 40 time of Ross but that means very little in the game of football.. getting off the line... make the quick cut is way more important.. why is it that Boyd has done so well over Ross in the slot because he does those two things.. AJ and Higgins with their height and speed can stretch the field.. what we miss is that big body in the slot that has solid hands and can battle the LBs (ross is either fall down and get knocked down) and fit the sweet zone... 

Dude, Ross has some of the best quickness on the team. I'm trying to find the video, but there was something that broke down his actual quickness and burst off the line, which was also elite. He's not just a long speed guy. I don't know why you think he's just a 40 time.

Also, Boyd is the best slot receiver. That's where he's best at. I'm keeping him there as much as possible.

It sounds like you're in favor of putting Green, Boyd, and Higgins out there as the first three WRs, right? If so, you're talking about Ross, Tate, and Erickson competing for WR4. Wouldn't you want a difference maker out there as the 4th WR? Ross has that elite ability, as evidenced by his 18.1 YPC last year. Ross was 5th in the NFL in YPR with 20+ receptions. Sure, he may have injury concerns and he may drop some passes, but he's the best threat to get big yards aside from Green.

I understand why you like the slow and steady in Tate because he's consistent, but his ceiling, if everyone is healthy, is 5th WR on the team behind Green, Boyd, Higgins, and Ross.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My general expectations for draft picks - ochocincos - 06-04-2020, 09:53 PM