Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII hoping to sign long-term deal with Bengals
The former first-round pick struggled at times last season, partially due to a torn labrum in his right shoulder. 

He was placed on injured reserve after aggravating the injury against the Dolphins in Week 16. 

Despite being hurt, Jackson appeared in 14 of a possible 16 games last season. He underwent surgery in January. 

“It’s nagging, and it’s telling you to fix it. It’s a lot of pain," Jackson told Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. "I’m fully healthy and ready to go. I put on some muscle. I play some big receivers this year.”

The 27-year-old is hoping to sign a long-term deal with the Bengals. 

“They picked up my fifth-year option, so that was a blessing." Jackson said. “I just go out there and have fun and let everything play out. I love it in Cincinnati. I’m comfortable. They’ve got a great coaching staff and great teammates around me.

“I would love to come back [to Cincinnati]. Right now, I’m just focused and ready to get the season started."

According to Wilson, the Bengals rebuffed multiple NFL teams that inquired about him before the trade deadline last season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
WJIII hoping to sign long-term deal with Bengals - Bengalholic - 06-05-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: WJIII would love to stay - sandwedge - 06-05-2020, 03:17 PM