Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praise For The Bengals Dalton Era.
With Dalton cut, I would rank Dalton behind Anderson at #1 and Esiason at #2 who quarterbacked Bengals to play-off wins and to Super Bowls. I would put Dalton at #3 because he did QB the Bengals to 5 straight play-offs on his first 5 years in NFL. Anderson had Bengals in play-offs in 1981 and 1982. No other Bengals team has had 2 play-off seasons in a row. Dalton as QB for 5 play-offs in a row is something team had never came close to. I would put Carson Palmer at #4 and Virgil Carter at #5. There are no other Bengals play-off season quarterbacks. McCarron end of season doesn't put him on this list.

So Ken Anderson, then Boomer Esiason and then Andy Dalton. So since 1968, Andy Dalton leaves 3rd best ever Bengals quarterback. The Bengals starting 8-0 in 2015 before Dalton got injured will always be a what if. That team looked ready for a Super Bowl shot at 8-0. Just wasn't to be. Carson had 2 play-off seasons here, and 2005 injury is another what if.

So I have had the Joe Burrow picture before he was drafted. They had to draft him. Still, Dalton was better than most who quarterbacked this team. We can't say he wasn't. I've seen stronger arms. Dalton did find a way to win games his first 5 years here, which many quarterbacks could not do with Bengals. He was in Pro Bowls and was a good field general, not a great arm, but he had a will to win about him.

Now I'm old enough to have seen every Bengal QB since 1968, and I have to rank Dalton as 3rd best QB ever for Bengals. Greg Cook is a big what if, but Bengals landed Ken Anderson fast enough. ...and now hopefully Joe Heisman Burrow gives Bengals Fans some great years....GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Praise For The Bengals Dalton Era. - kevin - 06-06-2020, 02:37 PM