Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakout Defensive Player....
(06-21-2020, 05:36 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I could be very wrong about this, but Renell Wren is more on my list of surprise training camp cuts than he is breakout player. I cringe at the "just needs to put it all together" label. Raw means inexperienced. Wren isn't inexperienced really, he "just needs to put it all together."

Another thing about Pratt, who was and remains my breakout player candidate. Take those early season PFF scores with a grain of salt. One of the PFF guys, in an interview with Matt Minnich, pointed out a good reason why PFF scores should be understood in context. Early on they'd put him in, he'd make a big mistake, and then they'd yank him for the rest of the game. So there's no way his scores wouldn't be bad. Small sample size by definition involving a big mistake = low score. Once they let him play his scores settled out because he had the opportunity to make good plays too.

Feel the same about both Wren and Pratt. Well said GCD. Wren has shown nothing in his small sample size.

Mount Wren plays like Jane.

Pratt learned as the season went on and rookie LB's usually have some time adjusting to the NFL.

Pratt should just get better in his 2nd year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Bruce - 06-20-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Synric - 06-21-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Synric - 06-20-2020, 06:55 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - J24 - 06-20-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: Breakout Defensive Player.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-21-2020, 05:46 PM