Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Bengals Players From Each Decade
Gotta love how the question asks to add players to this year's team moving forward. And responses are adding 3x OT and more WRs and RBs. And people complain about our front office moves.

Adding Munoz, Willie and Whit is a waste. Why do we need 3 more tackles at this point? And why are we adding WRs to this group? Or even Dillion?

70s - Max Montoya RG
80s - Munoz LT (screws Jonas but Munoz is arguably the best LT ever)
90s - Fulcher SS/ subLB in nickel passing downs
00s - Anderson RT (not all lineman can excel playing on the other side of the line, and not taking a chance... going with a true RT)
10s - Burfict (pre-concussion Burfict).. the beast of Zimmer's defense

This gives our QB, ace RB, great WR corps. the OL they deserve. And this also gives us a true captain on D (Burfict) while adding probably the most versatile defender we have had that fits between the cracks and would do well in today's passing league with smaller RBs. This would make for a very versatile defensive backfield using more DBs then LBs. And the extra speed might be what the doctor ordered for Lamar Jackson.

Approximate value rating for career via https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/career-av.htm
Montoya 100, Monoz 196, Fulcher* 67, Anderson 121, Burfict** 49

*He made the probowl in 1988,'89,'90... and was 1st team all pro in '89. So I wouldn't say Fulcher is past his prime 1990sb
** He was the captain calling plays in the 10s. He played against the grain and it kept him from a lot of accolades in my mind. Stat-wise doesn't paint the picture of how team's weren't comfortable when Burfict was on the field.

Lastly I would love to add Ken Riley as we are in a pass happy league. But the Issac Curtis rule as only adopted in 1973. So those '70s CBs might not transition well into today's games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding Bengals Players From Each Decade - PAjwPhilly - 06-29-2020, 04:13 PM