Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks
(07-04-2020, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My parents had cattle, and one time my Dad was thrilled to find a full blooded young Blue Heeler at the pound.  When he brought it home he found out it was crazy. 

It had problems with all sorts of things but went really nuts on the weedeater.  Eventually it bit my mom bad while she was using it.  I figured he would just shoot it, but he took it back to the pound.

This is tough. If one of the dogs went crazy and started biting me, the wife, kids or grandkids, I couldn't shoot it. I know several people that would, but personally, I just couldnt. Yet, I would feel just as guilty taking it to the pound because if adopted, could hurt someone else. I think I would probably take to vet and peacefully have the animal put down. But that's kind of tough too? Kinda like our dogs still living together. 

The vet told us after their first fight, which was pretty bloody, that they would continue to go at it. He said that once they get the taste of blood, it's what they will do. I'm not sure I agree with that, but it is exactly what happened. Kind of like 2 kids who freaken go at it and try to kill one another. You just can't bring yourself to kill one. I know, kinda stupid analogy, just hope you understand what I meant. WTS, I don't judge others for shooting a dog for being violent or even taking back to pound. Just would be difficult or impossible for me to do it myself.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks - HarleyDog - 07-04-2020, 03:55 PM