Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks
(07-04-2020, 04:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I've been thinking about getting another dog as mine is now considered a senior due to his size.  

We have figured out that it is key to find a submissive dog, if you can. We had Cheyanne and felt she was getting lonely because when we would leave, she would get seperation anziety and then tear the blinds up, knock over the trash, etc. Then we adopted Peach. The day we brought them home, they played and Cheyenne got posessive and came at Peach. Peach submitted, and from that day fourth they were best friends. They would play, wrestle and do dog stuff. It was great. Then Peach got cancer and we had to put her to sleep.

Cheyenne fell into a depression not having her friend around. We waited 6 months and got Isabell. She is very muscular, but was pretty this when we got her. Actually now that I remember it, we didn't get her from the pound. The woman at the animal shelter gave my wife a contact who had rescue dogs as well. However, one thing she never told my wife was that Isabell wasn't good with other dogs. She is extremely posessive and everyday, she stares down Cheyenne when she get's close. Specially in the kitchen. Plus, when my wife sit's down, she always sits at her feet like she is guarding her. It sucks.

The worst part is that Cheyenne is in her (what I consider) retirement years. She should enjoy the last years of her life. Yet, I think she's more unhappy now than when after Peach passed. She doesn't have a friend in the other dog. Yet, she's forced to live with her. Plus, Chey was never crated. But since we can't trust they will not fight when we are out? They are crated when we leave. Makes for a long day for those girls. We don't like crating. That's not much different than being in the pound.
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the 4th of July: Dogs and fireworks - HarleyDog - 07-04-2020, 04:27 PM