Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We'll have a little bit of the LSU offense in our playbook
(07-05-2020, 09:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seems like a no brainer to make our shiny new star QB as comfy as possible.

Also seems wise to admit the playbook they were using last year needed to be burned and the ashes thrown in acid.

I have heard this sentiment a lot, but isn't the "playbook and play-calling" a bit like the defense last year:  It got better as the year wore on?

The offense had no running game and once Ross was injured and they had him and Green both on the sidelines, the passing game wasn't going to be the same.  The offensive line struggled early (also largely due to injuries) in both run blocking and pass protection.  Basically, nothing was working on that side of the ball.  Then, they made adjustments and the rushing attack became one of the better ones in the league.   This helped the defense not be on the field all the time.

I understand early on the offense really struggled, but wasn't that more of a product of injuries on both the offensive line and the WR position?  Based on the talent they had healthy, I thought once they pulled Finley that the play calling was pretty solid.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll have a little bit of the LSU offense in our playbook - SHRacerX - 07-06-2020, 08:36 AM